This article represents and earlier version of Korbyt and is preserved for On-Premises clients who may still using a version that is older than 3.0.
If you are on Korbyt Anywhere 3.0 or newer please use this article – Configuring a Clever Playlist
Creating a Clever Playlist
On the left, using the Navigation Panel, find the Playlist Tab under Signage
“Add Clever Playlist” is in the upper right corner.
Clever content can only be used on newer players that are on version 2.0 or greater.
First a name needs to be assigned to the Clever Playlist. Example “Marketing Materials”.
There are 2 methods to add content to the playlist.
- “Add Content” can add static content in a sequential manner from the Media Library which populates the playlist.
- The “Blue Rocketship” activates the Clever Content Blocks which brings up the Rule Generator.
There are several triggers that present themselves
1) Edit Playlist Trigger, create a name for the playlist trigger.
2) Content, Sourced off tags, add tag names to search for content, you can use multiple tags using and/or statements.
3) Click on the Content button to bring up the “When Clause”, Dates, Times and Date/Time Ranges can be set to play the playlist.
4) Options, clicking the “+” shows the Option button so specific content type will only be selected. Other options include Age and Order.
5) Advanced allows for adding Scripts, Subscriptions and Web URL’s.
6) Add the Clever playlist.
The Clever Content will now show in the preview window at the top of the screen.
Overall playlist triggers can be set as well, the option is in the top right corner of the Korbyt window.
Desired Players can now be added to the playlist.
The players can be found in the table at the bottom of the Korbyt window.
Clicking the player will add it to our staged players.
Click the Summary button on the top right.
This will show there is still not a schedule assigned to the player.
Scheduling is added on the bottom right corner of the Korbyt Window.
Default is set to always, however date ranges can be set.
Two instances of scheduling can be set using the advanced. This will also include Intra-day scheduling enabling the fine tuning to days of the week.
Finally Click “Save Playlist” at the top of the Korbyt Window.