IMPORTANT NOTE: Our current recommended Brightsign firmware versions compatible with Korbyt software version (2.0 ONLY) are 8.0.119 and 8.0.146. However, the highest recommended Brightsign firmware version is 8.2.72. However, this is only using the 2.5.1 Korbyt software. If your player is not on one of our supported versions, you may find that you lose some player functionality while using the Korbyt software.
If you need assistance with getting your player on the correct firmware please reference our firmware upgrade and downgrade article HERE
- Create an account on the Brightsign Cloud website: https://control.bsn.cloud/.
- Select ‘New User’ under the sign in page and sign in.
- The Cloud Dashboard contains Activate Device, Manage Network and Get Help options.
- Enter the activation code from the player. You may need to reset the player to Factory settings to get an activation code. For the player to receive this token it must have access to the BSN and Brightsign website domain. It is also worth noting that this code does have an expiration period so if the player has had the same code for a long time you may need to reboot the player to receive a new code.
- Activation is successful.
- Your now want to configure the default setup for all Brightsign’s connected to this BSN cloud. You navigate there by selecting the Admin tab then Device Setup Library option. *you can create multiple player setups if you need specific IP addresses configured.
- Under the Device Setup Library you will see the default setup. Under the package name you will see that it is called Default Setup. You will edit this setup by hitting the little pencil on the right hand side, select it.
- You are now in the edit menu for the default setup. Under the device type options select Partner Application. Using the drop down select Korbyt. Once completed select Update Setup File In Library.
- The player is now active in the Network tab.
- The player’s web interface is now accessible from the the Network tab’s Open Remote DWS button.
- Re-enable web remote access from the Control tab and click the save button.
- To complete the provisioning process click on the Reprovisioning Device UPDATE button and then OK in the Confirm window.
- Provision the player into the Korbyt tenant.