This article is provided for legacy support as Chromebox is no longer a supported hardware device
To wipe a Chromebox and enroll into a managed account for use with Korbyt, please complete the following instructions.
Wipe the Player
- Turn off the Chromebox.
- Put a paperclip (or pushpin) into the recovery button hole.
- Press down the recovery button with a paperclip while turning on the device.
- Press Ctrl + D.
- Press the recovery button with the paperclip again. The device reboots and displays a yellow exclamation point.
- Press Ctrl + D. The Chromebox reboots and starts the transition to developer mode. This clears all local data and takes approximately 10 minutes.
- At the startup screen, press the space bar, and then press Enter to reboot the device and return to verified mode.
Enroll the Player
- Reboot the Chrome device and follow the onscreen instructions until you see the sign-in screen. Do not sign in yet.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+E to go to the enrollment screen.
- Enter the username and password from your Google Chrome Management administrator or contact the Korbyt Support team for devices purchased from RMG.
- Click Enroll device. You’ll receive a confirmation message that the device has been successfully enrolled.
Note: For instructions on configuring your Google Chrome Management console to allow added devices to download and install the Korbyt player software please click here.
Provision the device in Korbyt
After enrolling the player and installing the Korbyt app, the device will display a Korbyt provisioning token on the screen. To provision the device in Korbyt, complete the following steps:
- Log into your Korbyt tenant and navigate to the Players page.
- Click the Provision Player button.
- Enter new token to provision the device in Korbyt on the players page.
- Device will appear as new in the CMS.
- Rename new device if required.
- Assign playlists.
- Delete ‘old version’ of the device from Korbyt