Bulk provisioning allows you to upload a CSV file that contains information for multiple players so that you can provision them simultaneously. The MAC address of each player is used during bulk provisioning instead of the provisioning token. The media players also have to be allowed to reach Korbyt.com Port 443 so that it can freely communicate with the Korbyt.com Cloud. This may be different for fully on-premises installations
To provision players in bulk:
- Click the hamburger icon and navigate to Device Management > Players.
- Click Bulk Provision.
- Download the sample CSV file from the Player Provision pop-up and fill in the necessary player information.
While it is recommended to fill in all fields, only MAC Address and Name are required. The sample CSV file will look like the following:
- After uploading the CSV file, click Validate and Preview.
The Player Provision pop-up will now display a preview and alert you of each player’s information.
- After verifying information is correct, click Import.
If all players are accepted, then you will see a “Player has been successfully provisioned” notification. If any are filled out improperly, you will see a failed notification and the reason the why the players failed to provision. If any of the players fail to provision, then you must make the necessary corrections in the CSV file, save the file, and re-upload it.
- The new players will appear on the Players screen. The player will have a “Pending” status until the player is done provisioning. Once provisioning is completed and the player is able to reach Korbyt, the status will change to “Active”.
Related Articles you may want to view