Before configuring and setting up your multi-output devices within Korbyt, we recommend first planning out how the outputs map to the displays. This is important because if you don’t have it right the first time, you will need to de-provision the player and start from the beginning.
- Connect the HDMI cables to their proper outputs on the media player.
- Reset the EDID on the device physically(see image at bottom of article). Press and hold the button until the screen goes black.
- You will need a thumbtack or paperclip
This will ensure that just before provisioning, all of the outputs are identified properly and Korbyt will pick up only the used outputs.
It is important this is done correctly the first time, if any changes need to be made then the player will need to be de-provisioned and will have to start these steps from scratch.
Provisioning a multi-output player to Korbyt
Assuming you have followed the setup steps above, once this player is ready just provision the player using the provisioning token. All used outputs will provision into Korbyt.
Please note: Within Korbyt, the same device will show up multiple times. Please make sure to look at the detail or list view in order to see the output number.
Steps to get rid of unused outputs
Go to the player’s page and locate the unused outputs. Then, follow the steps below
- Delete all of the unused outputs. Keep the outputs that you currently want to use still in the system.
- The actual player will deprovision but the outputs you want to keep in the system will stay in Korbyt as inactive. Wait until the player shows the provisioning page on the screen again.
- Reset the EDID (will need a thumbtack or paper clip)
- Press and hold the button(see image below). Screen should go black for a second or two
- Once the EDID has been reset, add the player back into Korbyt using the provisioning token.
- The player will automatically be assigned the remaining active outputs that you left in Korbyt and should still have the same content assigned. (MAC addr / SN matching)
- Some of the outputs may have switched, user might need to physically switch the hdmi cable outputs as needed on the device.