Governance and Player Permissions
This is a step by step guide to enable specific users to have access to certain players. It centers on these primary fundamentals:
- User Groups
- Player Groups
- Player Group Permissions
- Log into Korbyt as a Tenant Administrator Digital Signage.
- Determine which specific user(s) you desire for access to specific player(s). If these user(s) are already created and they are NOT the role of tenant administrator, you can skip to step 3, if not then create a user(s) or edit existing user(s) with necessary information and assign a role/permission as anything BUT tenant administrator.
- To add a user click on the My Profile Button and Select Manage Users
- When the Mange Users window opens click on the Add a User. Filled the required information and appropriate permissions. When done click on Save
Manage Users Groups
- Create a user group and add each of the user(s) to this group.
Two types of players groups can be created, Static or Dynamic.
- To add a group expand Signage option and Select Players groups.
- From the window that appears, the user will have the option to select with group needs to be added.
- Once created, each group can be easily identify by an S or D for static or Dynamic.
Modifying permissions for Dynamic Group
- To modify permissions, Edit the group.
- This can easily be done by setting the dynamic rules shown below.
- All of the players in the client tenant will import upon next Check-in. In the same dynamic player group, set permission for this group as Tenant administrator Digital Signage.
- Create a second dynamic player group. Set the Dynamic rules to specify the individual player(s). The players will automatically import upon next Check-in. The example below is for a player group consisting of one player.
- In the same dynamic player group, assign the user group to include Tenant Administrator Digital Signage AND the user group you created in step 2.
- Final Result – In this example, the users that were added to the user group in step 3 will only have Approver Digital Signage Access to the player – “RMG-CBX40DCB944”.