Korbyt enables the re-use of existing Zoom Room hardware as a digital signage endpoint.
The diagram below shows the experience flow, once the Digital Signage Experience is configured.
Follow this link to view the PDF in it’s own tab – Korbyt Zoom Room ConfigurationKorbyt Zoom Room Configuration rev4
To enable the Korbyt Anywhere App for Zoom Rooms, please see this link: Enabling Zoom Apps for Zoom Rooms Digital Signage
Important steps pulled from the above article and are below.
- Zoom Rooms License.
- Zoom Room Admin permissions.
- You have enabled Digital Signage for the Zoom Room(s) or you have created a Digital Signage only Zoom Room.
- Zoom Web Portal
- Zoom Rooms (Android/Appliance, Windows, macOS, iPad).
Add Zoom App to Zoom Room Digital Signage content rotation
- First Authorize the app, by clicking the ‘Add to Zoom’ button. Follow the prompts and then close the browser session once done.
- Log into the Zoom web portal.
- Go to ADMIN > Room Management > Zoom Rooms.
- In the left-side hierarchy, select a location, floor, or room.
- Click the Edit button next to the location, floor, or room name.
Note: To edit all rooms in the account, select the first option in the hierarchy with the HQ icon, then click Account Settings.
- Select the Digital Signage tab > Add Content > Apps.
- Select the Zoom App and click Add to complete the addition of the new app.
The new app appears in the Default Content List on the Digital Signage tab.
- Once the Korbyt Player app is launched and running on the Zoom Room, provision as normal.
Zoom Bulk Provisioning
To provision a large list of Zoom Rooms to Korbyt at one time using Korbyt’s bulk provisioning feature, you first will need to get all of the room ID values from your rooms. You can find the Zoom API call here to retrieve the list of these. Zoom Rooms API (specifically looking for ‘room_id’ in the GET /rooms response)
The room_id is the value that can be used to generate a player in Korbyt. In order to use this, place the value of the room_id prepended with ‘zid: ‘ in order to specify that this is a Zoom Room being bulk provisioned.
For example, the first column value for a Zoom Room in the bulk provisioning CSV should be
Removing Zoom App from Zoom Room Digital Signage content rotation
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage >> Added Apps or search for the “Korbyt Anywhere” app.
- Click the “Korbyt Anywhere” app.
- Click Remove.
Additional information regarding Zoom Room Digital Signage from Zoom can be found here. Zoom Rooms digital signage – Zoom Support