What is Courier?
Korbyt’s Courier feature allows you to set up a Rule that syncs with a folder in a cloud hosting service. For an On-Premise server, you can set it to sync with a network folder. This means that once you setup your Rule, it adds and removes content from your Media Library without ever having to log in to Korbyt!
This feature is the perfect way to allow non-technical users a simple way to get content onto your screens.
What Cloud Services are Supported?
As of Korbyt 1.4.7, the following services are supported:
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
If you have an On-Premise server, you cannot sync with cloud services, only network folders.
How to Setup a Rule
- From your Dashboard, expand the Media section on the left.
- Click Couriers.
- Click the Add Courier button in the top left. This will open a new dialog window
- Type the name of your rule in the Rule Name field in the top left.
- Type any tags you would like to be added to imported content in the Tags field on the right. For more information on tagging, please see Tagging in Korbyt.
- Just below the Rule Name, click the dropdown to choose what folder in your Media Library you would like the synced files to go into.
- Click the button for the cloud service your files are hosted in. If you get a prompt about allowing popups, please click the ‘Popups blocked’ symbol in the right side of your URL bar and allow all popups from Korbyt.
- Sign in to the service with the account that has access to the desired folder.
- Click one (1) folder that you would like to be synced with your Media Library.
- In the lower right corner, select how often you would like Courier to check your folder. The only options are
- 30 minutes
- Click the Save button in the lower right-hand corner.
- There is a limit set to import 100 files into Korbyt with couriers. If you wish to increase this limit, please contact your RMG Account Manager.