This Month, Korbyt will be releasing minor updates to the Korbyt Anywhere Platform. Please read below to view all of the product updates.
New Versions to our Media Players
Korbyt Media Player – KDA
With the new version of the Korbyt player(2.5.1), users can now authenticate via local windows authentication to an External URL Element within builder.
- The KDA must first be configured with network credentials from the player configuration page.
- These credentials will then be passed thru to the External URL to authenticate to web sources needing windows authentication that the customer is trying to display.
SOC Players (Samsung & LG)
Clever Playlists are now supported on the upcoming versions of the Samsung and LG Korbyt Player.
- As a reminder, the SOC devices only support our software to run within their browser. This is a big step into providing more dynamic features for this lower-cost device alternative.
Clever Playlist technology can be used to automate fresh content delivery to any screen.
The Korbyt player for Chromebox is now built using a Progressive Web App.
- The PWA is an industry standard, and not google specific. This means that as google makes changes, the Korbyt player on the Chromebox will be less likely to run into compatibility issues.
The Chromebox device is still managed via Google Enterprise Management Studio and the Korbyt Player will continue to be launched as a kiosk.
The upcoming Korbyt BrightSign player supports multicast video streaming.
The benefit of multicast is that only one video stream out of the network is needed, and the bandwidth on the network is the same regardless if you have one or many players viewing this video stream.
The single multicast video stream can be received and displayed by multiple BrightSign’s running the Korbyt player.
New Data Integration Templates
AWS Connect & Genesys ININ
AWS Connect and Genesys ININ is now available as templated data integrations.
Reseller Feature Additions
Reseller Password Management
With the reseller management feature, the reseller administrator can now configure the password settings of their sub tenants that they manage. These options include setting password history, password expiration, and password lockout policy.
Reseller Player Status Map
Similar to the current dashboard player map, now reseller administrators can view their sub-tenants media players from a map view. This map view will show the reseller admins the device status for all devices in a single view. This allows for quick navigation and troubleshooting of players that might have fallen offline.
Clicking into the pin will show the Reseller which sub-tenant the player belongs to.
Core Report for Digital Signage Survey
All new core report for signage surveys.
The reports shows a full look into the survey completions and their related response details, similar to the current mobile survey report.
This report includes ability to export to CSV.
Employee Activation Reports
3 all new exportable KorbytGO reports have been added to measure employee engagement and activity.
- This report is used to display who can be reached within your tenant. The different user types identified include reachable users, activated users(broken down into iOS and Android), and users who have opted in to receive push notifications.
- This report is used to display active and inactive users within the application. An active user is determined by who has completed an engagement activity within the user defined date range. The different engagement activities tracked:
- This report is used to view users who have completed an engagement activity in the past 90 days.
Urgent Alert Activation and Response Report
We are introducing a new exportable report for Urgent Alerts and Mobile Alert Responses.
Within this report, users can view activity history and response history for the end-users receiving this on their Korbyt mobile application.
New Labels to KorbytGO Menu
We are making a simple change from using ‘Employees’ to ‘Users’.
Mobile Moderation will be moving underneath KorbytGO navigation, which was previously under the advanced section. This page will still only be accessible for admin users within the platform.
For Hybrid and On-Premise Customers
The 2.5.1 updates will be available to Hybrid customers immediately! No need for a new server upgrade.
When 2.5.1 is released, Hybrid Customers will benefit from all of the new updates with the exception of the new adapter templates.
The new Player versions will be available as well to all Hybrid customers.
Please note: **This release will not cause any downtime on the customers system**
A 2.5.1 hybrid and on-prem version will be available in the coming weeks. In addition to the adapter templates, this new version will also include:
- For Hybrid: Enhanced data synchronization between the on-premise instance and the cloud.
- Includes the 2 new templated adapters(Amazon Connect & Genesys ININ)