In this article we will show you how to transcode videos that have a bitrate higher than the allowable limit of your tenant.
The default bitrate limitation of a Korbyt tenant is a bitrate of 5 mbps (5 megabits per second)
This default limitation on video bitrates within Korbyt ensures that the media players can playback the video smoothly.
If you load a video to the Media Manager that is over the allowed bitrate the file will have a red exclamation mark next to the thumbnail
If a Video is too high a bitrate it will need to be transcoded to a lower bitrate before it will play.
Option 1: Quick and Easy – CurtConvert Through you Tenant
The Transcode action button to the right of video files will allow you to download the video file from the tenant so that it can be transcoded on your local computer.
If you require the CurtConvert software contact Support@Korbyt.com to be sent the software.
You will then be able to install the application on your computer.
Use this program to convert your video file with one single step. This will re-encode the video file an allow it function in all channels of Korbyt.
- Click on the large [+] button and select your video that you wish to re-encode.
- This will use the file explorer on your computer
- Select the Codec
- If the video is an extremly high bitrate you may have to select one of the Webm codec (formats) to achieve a bitrate below 5 Mbps
- Click on the Folder Icon to choose its destination folder.
- Click CONVERT at the bottom of the page.
- Upload the resulting file to your Korbyt Media Library.
There are other programs available to transcode video files, you do not have to user the Korbyt provided CurtConvert.