The YouTube element allows you to select videos or live video feeds from YouTube to be displayed within a Layout
How to Add a YouTube Video to a Layout
To add a YouTube video to your Layout, follow the steps below:
- Open the Mega Menu and in the Content column select Layouts
- Create a new Layout, or Edit an Existing Layout
- In the Builder Tool, select the YouTube element from the toolbar and drag it anywhere into the layout.
- Select the gear icon by hovering over the top right corner of the element and then selecting “Edit Element.” A new row of icons will appear above the element.
- Select the globe icon on the left, and a URL dropbox will appear.
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video you wish to use in the URL box and select the check button to import the video.
- The video will automatically start playing, and you can pause this by selecting the stop/play icon.
- Add additional videos by selecting the globe icon and adding the additional URL.
- This will create a playlist to the right of the element.
- You can rearrange the order of the playlist by dragging the videos in the list.
- You can also add videos by Channel name.
- Click on the Channel icon and type the YouTube channel’s name, then select the blue “check” to import videos from the channel.
- To the left of the Channel icon, the number of videos you wish to import will display.
- Position the video to any part of the layout by simply dragging the whole element. Edit the video size by dragging the corner of the element.
Note: When a layout with a YouTube element is scheduled, it plays for the YouTube video’s duration before it advances to the next item in the playlist.
YouTube Video Limits
The video that is being shared has to allow it to be embedded in external services
If you manage the YouTube channel that is being shared the setting can be found in your YouTube Studio in the License section.