How can I adjust the format mask of date/time messages in a text element without using the default settings available in the UI?
- Create a text element in your layout.
- Insert the date or time, or both.
- Switch to the code view.
- For time, find the span tag with the class of dynamicClock and update the date-timeformat to the desired format.
- For date, find the span tag with the class dynamicDate and update the date-timeformat to the desired format.
- If you select both options (date and time), you will have 2 span tags. One for the date and another for the time. IF you encounter an issue where a customer where a customer is showing both the date and the time, but they are reporting that the time isn’t updating, make sure they haven’t tried formatting the dynamicDate with the date and time. This method won’t work, as the dynamicDate doesn’t handle updating every 1 second.
- If they want to do this, you should start with the time (dynamicClock).