What is a Layout?
A layout is a form of communication that contain objects from various sources. You can include multimedia components with your layouts by
attaching graphics and videos to the layout zones and associating sounds with individual messages. You can add these components from your own resources.
How to Add a layout
On the Dashboard once Signage is expanded, the Layouts option is listed.
- From the Layout tab, click on the Add Layout to create a new one.
- Select from the list if you want to use a template
- Once selecting the desired option click on Create button.
- Once the Layout is created, it will be listed on the Layouts tab
- A layout can also be imported or exported. for more details click on the link below:
Exporting / Importing Layout
Edit the Layout
To Edit the layout find the one you want to use. Click on the Edit option to be able to edit.
- The Layout has a builder that you can use to enhance the appearance of the layout zones
- To enhance the appearance of layout it can be edited in Basic or Advanced mode
- Java script or CSS can also be used to enhanced the Layout or add special features of fonts.
- Zones and elements can be added to the layout
- You can apply border styles, backgrounds, apply fonts add videos, graphics to an element on the zone.
- RMG Networks News feeds, RSS Feeds external URLS can also be added to the element.
- Once the Layout is created messages, it will have to be published
- The layout will need to be added to a playlist in order to play on a desired player.